The perfect combination of sweet and salty.
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, your call)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Big pinch of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 5 ounces pretzels, smashed (about 3/4 cup pretzel crumbs)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked crisp and chopped fine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking sheet or sheets with cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, mix the sugar, butter, peanut butter, molasses, vanilla, baking powder and salt until it's all one color. Add the bananas and mash them up real good in there.
- Add the flour and gently mix until incorporated, with no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, pretzel pieces and bacon.
- Using two spoons, form balls about the size of a large walnut and drop them on the prepared baking sheet(s) at least 2 inches apart. Place the sheet(s) in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden on the outside and super gooey in the middle, just like the King would want them. Let cool on a wire rack off the baking sheet.
Recipe from Duff Bakes: Think and Bake Like a Pro at Home by Duff Goldman and Sara Gonzales. Copyright (c) by Duff Goldman.
Article sourced from Food Network Magazine.