These Parmesan-topped broiled tomatoes are the perfect appetizer. Best served with a cold drink while you wait for the grill to warm up!
- 4–6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ c. Italian-style breadcrumbs (or freshly made from 2 slices of bread)
- ⅔ c. shredded Parmesan
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ c. Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place tomato halves on a broiler pan, cut side up.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Press a little bit of the mixture together with your fingers; if mixture is too dry to just barely hold together in a clump, drizzle and mix in a little bit more olive oil.
- Top each tomato half with approximately one tablespoon of the Parmesan mixture, mounding it up on top of the tomato. Place tomatoes under a pre-heated broiler; broil until the cheese is melted and topping is lightly browned, about 3–5 minutes.