This pumpkin pie cake combines traditional pumpkin pie with a buttery crispy topping made from yellow cake mix.
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 can (29 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and sugar until well blended. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of batter. Use the entire box. Pour melted butter over cake mix. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Served topped with whipped cream or ice cream.