These spicy lamb burgers are bursting with flavor from fresh herbs and plentiful spices.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large tomato, sliced for garnish
- Half a red onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- Baby spinach leaves for garnish
- Gourmet burger bun of choice
- Build a medium temperature fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium. Brush grill grate with olive oil.
- While grill heats, place the ground lamb in a large bowl, and mix with the mint, cilantro, oregano, mustard, lemon zest, garlic, cumin, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well but don’t compress too much. Gently shape into 4 patties.
- Place patties on grill. For a medium burger, grill first side for 3 minutes covered, then flip and cook the other side for 4 minutes covered. Finally flip once more for 1 minute. Remove from grill and allow burgers to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve on a warm gourmet bun with feta cheese, fresh tomatoes, baby spinach, and onions, and fresh basil.