This Alfredo dish with a made-from-scratch, three cheese Alfredo sauce is rich, creamy, and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 4oz cream cheese
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4oz asiago cheese
- 3oz bleu cheese (if you don't like bleu cheese, substitute more parmesan)
- 1 (6 oz.) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 24 ounces penne pasta, already cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- 2/3 lbs. of bacon, already fried and crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9x13" glass baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Whisk over medium heat until completely melted. Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until all ingredients are smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese, asiago cheese, and bleu cheese.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for about 4-6 minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken. Remove sauce from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together spinach and pesto.
- In a separate bowl, stir together three cheese Alfredo sauce and chicken broth. Spread one-third of Alfredo mixture into your prepared baking dish, and top with half of spinach and pesto mixture.
- Stir together cooked penne pasta, chicken, crumbled bacon, and remaining Alfredo mixture; spoon half of chicken mixture over spinach mixture. Repeat layers with remaining spinach mixture and the chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered in oven 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven, and bake uncovered until cheese is completely melted and starting to brown, or around 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and paprika and serve warm.