Use your crock pot to take the work out of making the perfect St. Patrick’s Day meal!
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (1 pound) bag of baby carrots
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 stalks of celery cut into pieces
- 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- 4 cups water
- ½ head of green cabbage, cut into wedges
- Layer the garlic, onion, carrots, potatoes and celery in the bottom of a 6-8-quart crock pot. Place the corned beef on top of the vegetables.
- Pour in the beer and sprinkle with the spices from the packet. Add the water, making sure there is enough liquid to just cover the corned beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the lid and add the cabbage wedges. Cover and cook for another 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the corned beef, let rest, then slice against the grain. Serve with the cabbage and vegetables. Some of the remaining liquid can be spooned on top of the beef to keep it moist.