A southern favorite and soon to be your family’s favorite. If you don’t already have the ingredients to make any of the recipes then they should be super easy to find.
- 1 (15oz.) can red beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ white onion
- 2-cups chicken broth
- 1-cup tomato sauce
- 1-cup white long grain rice
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the onion and red bell pepper for about 2 to 3 minutes, until they soften slightly.
- Add the rice, cajun seasoning and garlic salt, stirring until the rice is slightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and chicken broth and stir until combined. Bring mixture to a slight boil. Add beans, stir, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until rice is tender. Stir to fluff the rice. Serve warm and enjoy!