This side dish combines the flavors of a BLT in a creamy pasta salad that's light on the palette and perfect for a summer party.
- 1 16oz box Cavatappi, Rotini, or bowtie pasta
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb. of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (can sub spinach if desired), chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out bacon in large baking pan and cook in oven until crispy, or about 7-10 minutes. Allow to cool before crumbling.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain pasta well and set aside. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, Roma tomatoes, lettuce, onion, and bacon. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over BLT mixture and toss.
- While this pasta salad will keep well in the fridge, the lettuce will remain crisp if served immediately.