A flawless balance of sweet, salty with a hint of spice.
- 5 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon Pink Himalayan salt
Spicy Thai Ginger Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Thai sweet chili sauce
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds for garnish
- 3 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a large baking tray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine all of the liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Whisk in all dry ingredients and spices. Pour half of the sauce into a small saucepan and set aside.
- Season with salt to taste. Place the wings on the prepared greased baking tray and pour half the sauce over the wings. Toss well to evenly coat wings. Arrange the wings in a single layer and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While wings are in the oven, bring the remaining sauce to a simmer on medium heat, until the sauce bubbles up and begins to thicken (this should only take about 5 minutes).
- Once the chicken wings are cooked on the one side, rotate each piece and bake again for another 10 minutes.
- Baste wings with the thickened glaze and change oven settings to broil on a medium-high heat setting. Allow to crisp up for a further 5 minutes until wings are golden and the glaze is sticky.
- Remove wings from oven and baste again with Spicy Thai glaze.
- Garnish with green onion slices and sesame seeds and serve warm with remaining sauce poured over top.