You’ve got the home field advantage with these nachos loaded with meat and cheese.
- 1 package frozen waffle fries (22 ounces)
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Jalapeno peppers
- Bake fries according to package directions on a greased cookie sheet, making sure the fries are in a single layer.
- Meanwhile, crumble beef in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Transfer fries to an ovenproof baking dish. Top with beef and cheeses. Return to oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Top with sour cream, green onions, chopped tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers.
For a healthier version, substitute ground turkey or ground chicken for the ground beef.