These hearty corn fritters can make a wonderful main dish or give a new twist to everyone’s favorite side dish. Either way bellies are guaranteed to be completely satisfied.
- ½-cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¼-cup water
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-cup corn kernels canned
- 1 medium bell pepper seeded and diced
- ¼-cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. salt or to taste
- ½ tsp. pepper or to taste
- Olive oil for frying about 3-4 tablespoons
- Prepare the batter by whisking together the flour, egg, and water in a medium bowl. When the batter is smooth, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- To the batter, add the corn, bell pepper, and parsley. Mix it well and set aside.
- Heat up a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil onto it.
- Once the oil is hot, add one heaping tablespoon at a time of the corn mixture, and flatten out the tops slightly to make the fritters even.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. If they brown too quickly, reduce the heat.