A quick and easy cajun dish.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 andouille sausages (about 10 ounces), quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled (thawed if frozen)
- 1 8 -ounce package frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed (or 8 ounces cooked peeled small shrimp)
- Kosher salt
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon; set aside. Add the celery, onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and Cajun seasoning; cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 3 minutes. Add the crawfish and sausage; cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir in the scallions. Top with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine