You won’t get a prize but this popcorn will taste just like Cracker Jacks!
- 10-12 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and water into a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil and boil slowly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over popped popcorn, stirring until well coated. Stir in peanuts.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread out.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and store in airtight containers.