Nothing says "warm me up" like a nice steaming hot cup of chili. Go classic or try this recipe.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans green chilies
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ c. frozen corn
- ½ c. sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ c. shredded Monterey Jack
- ¼ c. crushed tortilla chips
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add green chilies, chicken, and broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to pot and add white beans and corn. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro, cheese, and chips before serving.