Your favorite short bread recipes into the best waffle recipe or dessert!
Banana Bread Waffles
- 1/2 cup shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco. You could also use butter.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 mashed, ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine all ingredients to make the banana bread batter. The only adjustment I made to my banana bread recipe was to add a half cup of milk, so the batter would be thinner, more like the consistency of regular waffle batter.
- Place a batter (approximately a half cup per waffle) in the waffle iron (a regular waffle iron , not a Belgian waffle iron), and cook just like you’d cook a regular waffle. It smells AMAZING after a couple minutes!
Just look at that glorious stack of golden-brown banana bread pancakes! The only thing that could make them better? A homemade brown sugar caramel syrup.
Brown Sugar Caramel Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Combine butter and brown sugar and butter in a small sauce pan, and stir until the sugar dissolves and the butter and sugar mixture bubble up. Stir in pinch of salt and the two Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. The brown sugar caramel topping is amazing on the banana bread waffle.