An easy and comforting dish your whole family will love! The meat mixture can be made ahead and frozen.
- 1 ½ lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut up
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can beef broth
- 2 T ketchup
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- I cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain and return to pan. Mash potatoes; gradually beat in sour cream, milk and salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef with onion and garlic until beef in evenly browned. Stir in beef broth, ketchup, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer 3-4 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with a little water to form a paste, then stir into skillet. Add frozen vegetables. Cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon meat mixture into a shallow baking dish. Spoon mashed potatoes in mounds onto meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.