With this Thanksgiving turkey recipe, your dinner spread will never look, smell or taste better.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After removing the neck and giblets season your turkey inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity with chopped onions, carrots and celery then tie the legs together with twine.
- Place breast side up in a roasting pan and add 2 cups of water then brush turkey with melted butter.
- Tent with foil and roast about 2 hours for a 10 to 12 pound turkey, add an extra 15 minutes per pound for larger birds.
- Uncover and brush with butter and increase the heat to 425 degrees, roast until the thigh meat registers 165 degrees, should take another hour.
- Let rest 30 minutes before carving