Soft centers, crispy edges, and perfectly spiced. This cookie is a classic for a reason, and it won’t disappoint!
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites or 5 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Food coloring, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients together and chill for up to 1 hour.
- Roll dough out on floured board about 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut desired shapes with cookie cutters and place onto sheet pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes in preheated oven.
- With a hand mixer, beat the egg whites with the lemon juice or extract until frothy.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined, smooth, and shiny.
- Turn to high and beat approximately 5 minutes till stiff and glossy.
- Add food coloring, if desired, and transfer to a pastry bag to pipe onto cookies.