This classic stuffing recipe is always a favorite!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 1stick butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 cups each diced onions and celery, 2 chopped apples and 1 tablespoon each minced sage and thyme and season with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk 2 eggs with ¼ cup chopped parsley in a large bowl, add 16 cups of cubed white bread, then pour in the vegetables broth mixture and toss.
- Transfer to a buttered 3 quart baking dish and dot with more butter.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden about 20 more minutes.