Use this copycat recipe to make as many copycat cheddar biscuits as your heart and stomach desire!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat sheet.
- Use the whisk attachment to combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl of electric mixer until well mixed.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the bowl, whisking on low until the mixture resembles granola. Stir in the cheese until it is coated with the dry mixture but do not over beat. On low, add the buttermilk just until dry particles are mixed.
- Use a cup ice cream scoop to make 12 balls of dough and place on baking sheet about 2 apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. While biscuits are baking, melt butter and add parsley and garlic salt. Immediately after taking biscuits from the oven, brush with the melted butter. Serve hot.