A faster and lighter spin on traditional green bean casserole with the perfect balance of tenderness and crisp.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crispy fried onions (such as French's)
- Toss together green beans, mushrooms, onion, olive oil, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to combine.
- Preheat air fryer on 400°F for 1 minute. Add bean mixture to air fryer basket, and close. Cook 13 to 15 minutes, tossing twice during cooking process.
- Transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle with fried onions.