This St. Patrick’s Day try this veggie-loaded macaroni and cheese that is naturally green in color and loaded with flavor!
- 1 Lb. Elbow Macaroni, Cooked al Dente
- 3 Cups Vitamin D Milk
- 1 Cup Spinach, Packed
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Peas
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Colby Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Blend spinach and milk in a blender until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour for 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk blend and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk occasionally for 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add ½ cup water and cheese and whisk until melted. Stir in the pasta, broccoli, and peas.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.