It’s sweet, zippy, and irresistibly delicious — exactly the kind of drink you want on a hot summer afternoon.
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Prosecco
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) lemon-flavored vodka
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish2
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) limoncello
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) lemon sorbet
- 6 large (about 3 ounces total) fresh strawberries, hulled and halved lengthwise
Using a cocktail muddler or handle of a wooden spoon, muddle together Prosecco, vodka, basil, and limoncello in a cocktail shaker until basil is starting to bruise and tear into pieces. Set aside.
Process sorbet and strawberries in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour basil infusion from cocktail shaker through a fine mesh strainer into blender; discard solids. Pulse just until combined, 3 to 4 pulses. Transfer blended mixture to a medium-size freezer-safe bowl or resealable container. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or up to overnight (12 hours).
Remove frozen mixture from freezer; let stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 10 minutes. Scoop mixture into blender; process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Divide evenly among 4 Champagne flutes or wine glasses. Garnish with additional basil, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Food and Wine.