If you like avocados, you can’t go wrong with this one! Such a delicious variation to traditional guacamole.
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 avocados
- 2 Campari or other small vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion (about 1/4 onion)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
- Whisk the sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, onion powder and sugar in a large bowl until smooth; season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Halve the avocados and discard the pits; scoop the avocados into the bowl with the dressing and mash. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, chives and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with chips.
- You can make this guacamole 4 to 6 hours ahead; lightly cover and refrigerate. The sour cream and buttermilk will help prevent discoloration.