A traditional Italian meal that only takes 30 minutes but has a restaurant quality taste.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. Pound each piece until ½ inch think. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in a shallow dish. Put egg in another shallow dish. Whisk and set aside. Put the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a third shallow bowl. Mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with the breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan/breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken two at a time to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with spaghetti sauce and serve immediately.
- If you prefer, instead of pan frying, you can bake the chicken in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.